Monday, November 4, 2013

Tegenstelling Brings Miracles

Well, this week was pretty crazy! We had lots of exciting miracles, but as always we had a healthy dose of tegenstelling (opposition) to go with it to keep us humble and healthy. Tegenstelling is sort of like the vegetables in a meal. So you need to have lots to keep up your vitamins.

One of the most exciting things that happened was that when I was on exchanges in Apeldoorn Sister Hoff had a first lesson with a baptismal invitation with a couple. The woman is a member referral and we've had to reschedule our appointment with her twice now. She was actually an investigator about 15 years ago, but one of the problems seemed to be her boyfriend. But it sounds like most of the lesson was for him, and he accepted a baptismal invitation (if he comes to know it's true, of course)! That was very cool.

Thursday we set a baptismal date with that man that came to church for the first time last Sunday! That was super exciting, but he called us on Saturday and said he had to leave town for a month or more, starting on Sunday. That was, obviously, disappointing, but here's what I wrote after that in my planner (this is one of my big lessons learned this week): "This is it. I've done all that I possibly can. I can go no further. Now is the time to 'Be still and know that I am God.' (See Psalm 46:10) I've got to turn it all over to the Lord and He will take care of the rest. He promised. And I believe and trust Him. I know that He will keep His promises." One of the reasons this was difficult is because he was our second baptismal date that dropped us this week. But it's okay because we're doing everything we can and we're still seeing lots of success. This is just an extra good reminder that this is the Lord's work. On the bright side, he actually called us to tell us that he was leaving, and that he would make sure to make contact with us when he got back, and that he would take his Book of Mormon. So it'll just take him a little longer to get baptized, that's all.

We also lost our phone last night, which makes things a little trickier, but it'll get worked out soon. And we've got lots of appointments this week to keep us busy, which is always the best!

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment