Monday, November 18, 2013

Ik ben een kind van God (I am a Child of God)

Yesterday a girl returned from her mission to Latvia home to our branch, and Sister Hoff and I and her mom and another sister in our branch sang "Ik ben een kind van God" (I am a Child of God) complete with alto and obligato. And the homecoming was super cool.

And, this week was great! We worked really hard and saw lots of miracles. One of the biggest for me occurred on Friday at/after Mission Leader Council. I learned a lot there. One of the bigs things I learned was about sacrifice. Sometimes we have to sacrifice the small disobedient things that we are doing--like staying up late or coming home late--sometimes it's bigger things that we need to sacrifice, like pride. And sometimes we have to sacrifice our fears, or laziness, or the things that we're not doing. I was thinking a lot about sacrifice as we got on the train to go home and decided that I would make an effort to travel contact--that was my sacrifice (because I don't really like travel contacting). During the first few trains/fellow travelers that I talked to, nothing really happened. I was able to have short conversations with a few of them but mostly not very much happened. But during the last train I talked to a woman to whom I was able to give most of the first lesson. At the end she had some questions but we were out of time so I got her number and she got mine (she was actually the one who asked for my number first) and she seemed interested in talking more. She lives in Rotterdam, so I passed on the referral to the zone leaders there, but it was just unbelievably cool for me to see my sacrifice honored in that way. The Lord sees our hearts and knows our efforts. And He does and will respect and honor every honest sacrifice that we make.

I love you all! Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment