Monday, November 25, 2013

Forget yourself and get to work

One of my biggest miracles this week was zone training. I had prepared quite a bit for it, but the last couple of days before had been crazy and I just didn't feel very prepared right before. I prayed so much right before, but I just wasn't sure how it was going to go. I also really just don't like talking in front of large groups of people, so basically I was scared. But the Lord helped me so much with it. I was able to feel the Spirit working through me and it went so well, better than I could have imagined. That was not me. I had nothing to do with any inspiring thing that came out of my mouth. It wasn't that I was saying anything unusual or unexpected. It isn't that I was saying anything super profound. But I could feel the Spirit there and I know that the other missionaries felt the Spirit there as well. And that was incredibly powerful and humbling for me. I know that the Lord makes up for us where we fall short. I know that the Atonement covers that part of our service--the part where we've given everything but where we alone are not enough.

We had lots of other really cool miracles this week! We were able to talk to one of the recent converts who was baptized back in March and almost immediately went inactive. He still wants to come back, and even though I don't quite get what's holding him back, I have faith that he will come back. Also, we've had some really incredible experiences finding people! We're booked the rest of the week almost, and that is super exciting for Assen. This is the Lord's work and He is doing it!

In other news, transfers are this week and Sister Hoff and I are both staying! I'm so excited to be here in Assen for another transfer! It's going to be awesome!

I love you all! Stay strong and keep being amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment