Monday, December 2, 2013

A Time to Thank

Nederland doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I have much to be thankful for.

First, I'm thankful for miracles. This week was the most successful week on my mission in terms of finding and teaching. We really got this transfer started off well with getting a lot of new investigators! One of the miracles that happened this week was on Tuesday. We had already taught 3 other lessons that day, and we had an appointment with another potential in the evening. But we went over there and it fell completely through. So we knocked a few doors around there, and I felt prompted to knock a specific street. The first door we knocked on that street was these super cool people. They let us in and we were able to give them a first lesson with a baptismal invitation. His health problems would hold him back with some things, but he is definitely open to learning more. In many ways he is very prepared to hear the restored gospel. 

We also had a couple of really good lessons (with members present) with some investigators who hadn't been making a lot of progress, but those lessons went really well and I think that they'll both start progressing soon! Also, on Saturday we found a Chinese woman who we were able to teach the Restoration to that day (with the DVD in Cantonese). And we gave her the Book of Mormon in Chinese and have a follow-up appointment set up!

Second, I'm grateful for lessons learned. The biggest thing I think I was reminded of this week is that God hears and answers prayers. I didn't earn the success that we saw here this week. But the Lord blesses us when we try our best and when our will is in line with his will.

Third, I'm grateful for you. I love you all so much and I am so grateful to be a part of your lives, whether we are family or friends.

And fourth, I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement and for His restored gospel on the earth, and that I have the privilege to share that with people every single day!

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment