Monday, October 28, 2013

I love to see the temple!

The highlight of this week, obviously, was temple conference! We went to the temple in Zoetermeer on Tuesday and it was such a good reminder of why we do what we do. That's the goal, is to help people go to the temple. There is no better place on earth. It was also super cool go to the temple in Dutch. Then we had temple conference afterwards with President and Sister Robinson and the APs and that was fantastic. Always a good spiritual boost to get you going again!


This week was packed full of miracles. Aside from temple conference, which was wonderful, we had all kinds of incredible things happen. I went on my first two exchanges (one to Leeuwarden, and the other with the Groningen sisters, but I was in Assen). We saw a lot of success and had a lot of fun too. During the last three days we were able to get ahold of 4 people that we've been trying for forever (sometimes 2 months or more) to get ahold of! One of these investigators came to church yesterday and he talked for quite a long time with some of the members afterward. He's really positive and now excited to go further with the lessons! I'm really excited about that and about some of our other investigators.

Since someone asked about my duties as a sister training leader: I go on exchanges with the sisters in my zone -- there are 3 other sister cities in Zone Apeldoorn. These are Leeuwarden, Groningen, and Apeldoorn. So that's at least 6 exchanges per transfer, plus more if I feel like it's necessary. Sometimes we go on splits with the sisters in their city to help them out finding or whatever. Plus I go to meetings, but not too many. There are some pictures on the mission blog. (http://belgiumnetherlandsmission.blogspot.com/). Also, when there's zone trainings (just with our zone, run by the zone leaders, as opposed to zone conferences which are with more than one zone and run by President and Zuster Robinson and the APs), I'm supposed to participate in the training with the zone leaders. That's pretty much it.

I learned a lot this week. One thing that I learned (or re-learned) is that whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies, even if He has to make you into a totally different person to do it. I've always really looked up to the other leaders in our mission and always thought that they were just super good missionaries, and they are. But with me I know for a fact that I'm not a sister training leader because I'm all that good. I have literally watched the Lord take my meager capacity and make it better during those couple of days on exchanges with Sister Western and Sister Larson (Sister Larson was one of my MTC companions and it was so wonderful to be with her again). I was a better missionary during those two days than I think I've ever been before. I don't know why I am a sister training leader, but maybe one reason is because I needed to witness that--how much this is the Lord's work. I am just grateful that I am close enough to witness and sometimes participate in it.


The gospel is true! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment