Monday, September 22, 2014

Improve the Shining Moments

This week has been really busy with meetings and traveling and everything. We had to go to Nederland on Friday and Antwerpen Saturday so that Sister J. could plan for zone training tomorrow. But the Lord has blessed us a lot despite our busyness with Sister J.'s calling as sister training leader. Yesterday we had 4 lessons with people and we ended up setting up several cool appointments for the rest of the week. That was a big miracle since we had been gone pretty much all of Friday and Saturday. Last night we had an appointment with a man who doesn't come to church because of his wife who is a member of another church. However, his testimony is still really strong and he is actively talking with her and the rest of his family about the gospel and the church. Apparently she hasn't been super open in the past, but she's been asking him more questions and when we asked her if we could come back to answer her questions she was pretty receptive. The last time we swung by she was happy to see us and said that we were the first sister missionaries that she had met. She seems to be pretty open to meet with us now!

One of the things that I've learned a lot lately is how short and valuable time, moments, and opportunities are. We as humans tend to think that we have a little more time--but then something happens. Never postpone or procrastinate things, especially in relationships--family, friends, companions, etc.. Do not procrastinate change and repentance either. We really do only have a short amount of time to do what  needs t obe done and love those around us. I'm so grateful for the Atonement, which makes my meager efforts worth something and that changes me into someone much better. I am so grateful that I know that my Redeemer lived and died for me, and also that He now lives again. I'm so grateful that I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father, who loves us so much.

I love you all and I'm so grateful for your support! Hope all is well!

Love,
Zuster Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment