Monday, September 29, 2014

I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go

Hallo hallo,

This week has been full of travel, other cities, and miracles. Being a sister training leader's companion is just a different kind of work again, but it's good. I feel privileged that I get to have this one last month here, be it in Gent or Antwerpen or Turnhout or Breda. Or all of them in a single week, haha. Lots of exchanges/meetings. :) On Tuesday on exchange in Antwerpen, we taught a man the law of chastity unexpectedly, and used everything that we had learned in zone training. We even kneeled in the park to pray. It was a really positive lesson, and it was cool to be able to turn around immediately and apply what we had learned, even with another companion. 

On Friday we were able to set a baptismal date with a young man we met at a bus stop and who then came to church the next day. He's come 2 more times since then and we've been meeting with him for a few weeks. He's a really good kid, albeit really quiet sometimes. 

Yesterday I gave a talk on member missionary work in Sacrament Meeting, and that went pretty well. It's the small and simple things that make a difference, like praying for missionary opportunities, making a simple personal mission plan, or sharing the gospel using social media. We've been really busy lately and that's good. Sometimes it makes the week a little crazy, but we're enjoying ourselves.


I'm very grateful for my mission. I'm grateful for the stronger relationship that I've been able to build up with Heavenly Father and the Savior. I'm grateful for the people that I've met and the things that I have learned from them. I'm grateful that I have had the privilege to be an instrument in the hands of God in bringing His children to a knowledge of the truth. I'm grateful that I can say "I'll go where you want me to go" because I know that His plan and His timing and His ways are best. It is sometimes natural to not want to follow those ways because they are hard or because we think we know better. But the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way back to God and it changes lives. It has definitely changed mine.
I love you all and hope you are well!

Love,
Zuster Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment