Monday, June 9, 2014

Voorwaarts, Christenstrijders! (Onward, Christian Soldiers)

Hallo!

Things are coming right along in Dordrecht! It´s starting to get warmer. Enjoy all your dry climates while you can, lucky duckies. On Wednesday we gave a lesson on the door to a cool man. We had given him a Book of Mormon during the original contact and told him to read Moroni 10:3-5. (Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.) When we went back, he had read it and he said that that was really what he needed to hear that week. We also were able to teach the whole Restoration to him right there and at the end he said that everything we had said seemed in harmony with what he believed and so he was excited to read more out of the Book of Mormon and learn more about our message. He´s a very sincere person and is really involved in helping others and while doing so trying to help them see the importance of Jesus Christ. We´ve got a follow-up appointment with him this week and we´re really excited.

Yesterday was Stake Conference, and we saw the satellite broadcast Stake Conference that they did for Europe. I really learned a lot, particularly from President Uchtdorf´s talk. He talked about testimonies and how we need to be constantly working on building them. We can´t stop at a certain point and think that we´re fine. We are all in danger of losing our testimonies if they´re not constantly growing. It applies to investigators and it applies to us. I´m so grateful for my testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it changes people. I have seen it´s effects work miracles in my own life and the lives of those around me. It helps us be happier. I am so grateful that I know that I have a Savior who has redeemed me and who is also there to help and strengthen me in my trials. I have felt His help. I am grateful for my testimony that my family can be together forever. I can think of no greater blessing. I am grateful to know that God lives, and that He hears and answers prayers. I have seen the great joy and blessings and freedom that come from obedience. I am so grateful for my testimony.

I love you all and hope you´re doing well!
Love
Zuster Stevens




No comments:

Post a Comment