Monday, June 23, 2014

Gij Zijt Mijn Hoogste Goed (I Need Thee Every Hour)

Transfers!

So I'm being transferred to Gent, Belgium. My companion will be Sister H., who was in my MTC group. This´ll be the first time I've had a companion from my group or older since my first transfer. I´m excited! I will miss Dordrecht though.

I have learned a lot about what the Lord wants and expects from me this transfer. He expects us to "whate'er thou art, act well thy part." He expects us to be true disciples, which means that we must lift where we stand, do our very best, and put our whole heart and souls into what we do. I am grateful that I know that every calling in the Church, and every transfer call on a mission, is directly from the Lord.

This week has been fantastic. We met with a JoVo (young single adult) girl who we thought would not be super happy to meet with us because it took so long to schedule an appointment. But she was super cool and we had a really good talk. She was really open with us. We also found and started teaching a man who investigated the the Church a little in Curacao and now is seriously considering baptism.

Because of the Atonement, Christ has already overcome everything. We may have trials and tribulations, but ultimately what we have to do is "endure it well" and accept the Atonement.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment