Monday, March 3, 2014

Fire in Dordrecht!

That fire would be us, by the way. We´re doing pretty fantastic right now. Our biggest miracle we met on the street in the centrum a week ago and last Tuesday set a baptismal date with him on a Restoration lesson in the park. He is super prepared. Our next appointment with him fell through, but he came to church yesterday! He came an hour early too: we were still at our apartment and the Bishop called asking where we were. So we headed over early and were actually able to give him the lesson we had planned on teaching a couple days before. He is still super positive and just has a very special spirit around him. He is probably at one of the lowest points he´s been at in his life but he is an incredible example of humility and real intent and desire to learn more. Also, last Monday our other baptismal date made a huge breakthrough! He felt the Spirit and believes that God exists! That is an enormous step for him. And he´s actually been reading the Book of Mormon, which is something else that he´d been struggling with. He´s still got a long way to go, but he´s truly making progress. Also, last night we had a super member present lesson with him with some fantastic members from our ward and they set up appointments to have him taught two more times this week at their house! Super cool people, and that will help him a lot. The father of the family shared his conversion experience and said that at the time he didn´t believe in God, but that the missionaries invited him to pretend for a week like he did, and do everything that he would expect to do if he did believe in God (read the scriptures, pray, etc.), and see if there was a difference in his life. So he did and that is when he received his testimony. So we challenged the investigator to do the same and I think that it´ll make a difference for him. We´ve been seeing a lot of other miracles lately too, in finding and teaching.

This week was knowledge week, and last transfer was knowledge transfer for me. One of the biggest things that I learned about knowledge is that it is necessary for our salvation. What we are doing as missionaries is bringing people knowledge about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Plan of Salvation and the gospel. These are the things that will make their lives immeasurably better, in ways they would never expect and ways that we can often not describe. But it is real, really and truly. It comes through patience, faith, and diligence, as well as study and prayer. I love my personal studies every morning because it is studying the scriptures that gives me a better insight into the principles of the gospel that will bless my life and the lives of my investigators. I have seen again and again how my study has helped me be more prepared for my daily challenges and also for the challenges of those I work with. It´s funny because while I´m doing it I don´t notice it, but I would say that my personal study has a huge impact on my personal conversion. I am a different person now than when I came here.

I´m loving Dordrecht and I hope everything is going well with you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment