Monday, February 24, 2014

Groetjes van Dordrecht! (Greetings from Dordrecht!)

Well, we´ve been seeing all kinds of miracles here in Dordrecht already. But here´s one from yesterday for your reading pleasure. We had just a few minutes before ward council in the evening, and so we decided to street contact for a little bit. Unfortunately, there was almost no one on the street. But we talked to this man with just a few minutes left and he gave us his address and phone number and said we could bring and Book of Mormon by, so that was sweet.

Anyway, for the rest, I am super happy to be here in Dordrecht. I really truly love it already. The ward is great and Sister Aston and I get along really well. We´ve been finding potentials like nobody´s business, (9 since I´ve gotten here) which is super cool! I´m really excited to be here!

I learned a lot about charity this week. Real charity means wanting the absolute best for someone. Sometimes that´s hard, because what is best for them (or for us) can be difficult to deal with. But charity is the pure love of Christ. That means that we love others as much as Heavenly Father loves us. And we work to serve others because of that. I am so impressed by Ammon and the sons of Mosiah and their examples: they loved the Lamanites, who they considered their brethren no matter what they had done, so much that they gave everything to serve them in bringing them closer to the Lord. They felt the pure love of Christ, and because of that were able to have the desire to serve their brothers and sisters. I have learned more on my mission about charity than anywhere or anytime else. I love these people so much. I just want to help them, and the best way to do that is by helping them learn about the restored gospel. I've still got a long ways to go to have perfect charity, but I am so grateful that I´ve been able to feel that and learn that as much as I have.

Go out and share the gospel! It´s the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment