Monday, February 17, 2014

And to Assen: A Very Fond "Tot Ziens!"

Transfer calls this week: I’m going to Dordrecht! Sister Andersen will stay here with Sister Packer, who’s coming up from Dordrecht. I’m going to be with Sister Aston. I’m sad to leave Assen, really and truly. I love this place with all my heart, and I will miss it and the people here. But I know that Dordrecht is where I’m supposed to be right now. I’ve also been released from being sister training leader, which will be a bit different, but good. It’ll be nice to work more in my own city.

One of our miracles this week was a testimony to me of the power of the priesthood. We took a member to visit an investigator to give him a priesthood blessing for his back, because he's having a lot of pain, and has been for years it sounds like. During our next lesson the same member came on a joint teach and at the end of the lesson the investigator requested another blessing, and right after he told us that the day after the last blessing he went back to the pain center where they were treating him and they found a potential solution and set a date to get it started. That was very neat.

I learned a lot about humility this week. Some of the times when I have felt smallest and most alone is when I can also feel closest to Heavenly Father and the Savior, if I humble myself enough to not think about myself and instead to accept the will of the Lord in all things. I am totally dependent on the Savior's Atonement. There is not a success that I have seen on my mission that has been the result of how great Sister Stevens is. It has everything to do with whether or not Sister Stevens can let Heavenly Father use her to do His work. I am so grateful for the time I've had in Assen. I have learned and grown so much. It is sacred ground for me.

I hope you’re all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment