Monday, March 31, 2014

And...It's That Time Again. Transfers!

Transfers truly are inspired. Looking back at my experience so far as a missionary and also seeing the experiences of others, I know that transfers are exactly right and inspired by the Lord. I´m really excited for this next one, just as I very much enjoyed this last one.

So, the news. Sister A. is leaving Dordrecht for Utrecht and I´m going to be companions with Sister T! I´m way excited, I worked with Sister T a little while I was in Assen, so it should be a great transfer.

We saw some pretty good progress with our investigator this week. This week we've really been emphasizing faith and that we have to act in order to develop more faith. He really is making an effort to act on his faith, even though at the moment it´s small. We also looked up a former investigator yesterday and he actually let us have a lesson with him on his porch, which was really neat. He didn't want to meet again, but he did say that he would read and pray, and he seems really sincere, so that´s awesome.

The Atonement gives me hope that no matter what, I can improve. I know that I´m not perfect now. But I also don´t have to be. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, growth and change is both possible and (usually) gradual. I have learned so much as I've studied the Book of Mormon (with the rest of our mission) during the last two transfers, but I love the fact that I've learned that the Lord loves us and is so patient with us. It doesn't matter where we are. We can always grow and change and progress. That opportunity is available to everyone. And I love the opportunities I've had on my mission to see how the Atonement changes people. It really is a miracle.

The Church is true! I love the gospel and the Book of Mormon and all the other restored truths that we´ve received, as well as the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment