Thursday, April 18, 2013

ELDER SCOTT COMES TO THE MTC

Hallo familie! And vrienden! (That's "family" and "friends" in case you were unclear on that).

I hope you are all well! Congratulations to Robert for getting a job in one of the coolest places in the world! (The MTC) Second, I think, only to having the job I have right now.

In case you couldn't tell, the highlight of this week was Elder Scott (yes, the one and only Richard G.) coming to the MTC. He came on Tuesday night for our weekly devotional and it was incredible. His talk was on our communication with our Heavenly Father, and what a privilege that is. Highlights of the talk that I can remember and repeat right now: Because God loves us and because His purpose is our eternal happiness, He allows us and helps us to learn on our own. He knows our every need, much much better than we know our own needs. Always be grateful for the answers you receive from Him, be they yes, no, or a non-response. He trusts you and He wants your happiness and personal growth. Be so grateful for prayer! I know that God hears and answers prayers. That talk was actually very much an answer to some things that I had recently been pondering and praying over.

Other items of interest: the mission prep class our ward had last semester has been very valuable. It didn't give me any kind of advantage or anything, but it was nice to have heard some of the same things before, and be able to have another perspective before I went. Role-playing is awesome. This last Sunday Sister Mary Ellen Edmunds (formerly director of training at the MTC, and formerly a member of the Relief Society general board) came and spoke to us for Relief Society. A line I liked from her: "Remember that all you can do is the best you can do. Then the Holy Ghost will help you with what you can't do yet and take your message to the hearts of the listeners. Count on the heavenly help that you've been promised."

Scripture of the week from Brother Greg Droubay, the director of media in the missionary department: D&C 88:73 - Behold, I will hasten my work in its time. 44% of missionaries in the MTC right now are sisters!

This week has been absolutely incredible. I've learned so much and I'm growing so so very much. I am humbled and honored to be a part of this work and I am so grateful for it. I love you all!

As always,
Love,
Zuster Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment