Monday, October 13, 2014

These Things I Know ... And God Gave the Increase

Dear Family and all other loved ones,

Thanks for your love and support. I hope that you are all doing well! I'm excited to see you again soon.

This week has been wonderful. I have definitely seen that as I have striven to do my best to serve in every city that I have been in, God is the one who gives the increase (see last week's email). This week we taught a lot of lessons and saw some incredible miracles, one of which being that one of our investigators read the entire Book of Mormon over the last month or so. Two of our other investigators are also doing really well. I am blessed to know that I am leaving my city in a very good place and in very good hands with Sister J.

These things I know.

I know that God lives and that He loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. More than that, He is MY Savior and Redeemer. Everything good that I have and am comes from my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I know that families can be sealed together forever. That brings me so much joy and peace because my family is one of the most importatnt things in the world to me. I am so grateful that I have that assurance that because of the priesthood of God we can be sealed together forever. And we are. I know that God has given us, His children, His power and authority and established His Church so that we can benefit from that priesthood. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the that Church. I know that we have a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson. I know these things because the Holy Ghost has testified to me of them in my heart and in my mind. I know that God is still a God of miracles. He has worked miracles in my life and miracles in my mission. He has changed me as I have allowed myself to be humble enough to do His will. The gospel of Jesus Christ is real and it changes lives. I know that it is through the gospel that we can find the most peace and joy and happiness available to us in this life and in the world to come. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. ANYONE who wants to know this as well needs only to read it and pray about it. It is such a powerful book. I know that God's timing is perfect. We are not perfect, but through Jesus Chirst it is possible for us to become better. I know that success comes from the Lord in His way and time. I know that the small and simple things like praying, studying the scriptures, going to church, and keeping the commandments will protect us and bless us. I know that God gives us and allows us trials to teach us and to allow us to grow. And I know that God hears and answers prayers. I know that the Atonement makes up for all weaknesses and shortcomings and heals all pain, regardless of the source--be it from our own mistakes, from others, or just our circumstances. I am grateful bejond words for all the people that I have met on my mission, particularly my companions. I am grateful more than I can ever express for every single day of the last 19 months of my life. Truly the Lord has blessed me in abundance, even so much that I do "not have room enough to receive it."

If you do not know these things I invite you to find out yourself if these things are true. You can know by sincerely asking your Heavenly Father in the name of Christ if they are true. And "by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

Thanks one more time for all of your love and support. I love you all!


Love,
Zuster Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment